Well, it seems somewhat unlikely that my liver enzymes have decreased enough to avoid a Protocol Vacation. I will likely get a partial report on my lab studies in the next few days.
So I am beginning to look at the possibility of being asked to cut back or even completely take a break from the protocol as my AST and ALT are in the 3-4 times the high normal range and this has been the case for almost 4 months now.
I know that folks have stopped for numbers lower than mine which are both over 140. My several past blood draws have been ever so slightly higher each time yet still slowly climbing.
I would appreciate anyone who has found themselves in this position to share how it was handled in your case.
And if you took partial doses of either what might be the minimum acceptable or if you stopped everything completely. For how long to return to acceptable baseline levels. Might 100 mg Doxyi a day and NACi be a compromise? Or best to quite for a time and how long was that "vacation for you?
And yes. I will be talking with my MD about this, no need to advise me on that, and I will call as soon as the results arrive in my mail in the next few days, I need to know the specifics before consulting him so that I can have an informed conversation and a shared decision.
I have been a baracuda about continuing these months, yet at some point I may be doing myself a dis-service. It is a delicate balance.
Thanks for any specifics anyone is willing to share.